Jr Construction Costs Analyst
Keller Engineering is seeking a candidate for a position as a Junior Construction Costs Analyst in our Ottawa, Ontario office to join our Building Assessment Team.
The Analyst will provide a range of cost consulting services to the Building Assessment and Restoration teams for new and existing clients, primarily in the private sector. This involves a practical understanding of construction methodology and estimation.
- Read construction drawings and specifications
- Trade/product knowledge
- Ability to prepare and complete trade and element take-offs based of existing building drawings
- Ability to prepare and complete trade and element take-offs based on conceptual project description
- Understanding of factors influencing construction costs and applying that knowledge to pricing estimates
- Ability to use appropriate software (CAD, Office)
- Assist in building conditions assessment and report writing
- Change order analysis – interpretation, take-off, pricing
- Reconcile estimates with tenders and budgets
- Diploma in Civil/Construction/Architectural Technologist, construction management, quantity surveying, building science, or in a related field
- 1-2 years experience in the construction sector